For 4 persons:
- 1 kg lamb shoulder, cut into pieces
- 8 bundles of carrots
- 8 bunches of turnips
- 12 small onions
- 10 medium potatoes
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic or 4 dry cloves
- 75 g of double concentrated tomato
- 3 teaspoons of coarse salt
- Half litre of spicy broth: vegetable broth + trimmed beef broth
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 tablespoon of flour (whole grain or wheat, if possible)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bundle of parsley
- Couscous spices
Brown the lamb in a skillet in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add couscous spices and a pinch of salt.
When the pieces of meat are browned, add the crushed garlic and tomato paste.
Remove the meat and set aside, brown the flour in the juice and add the hot broth while stirring it.
Put the meat in the sauce, which should not be too liquid, adding the bouquet garni.
Cook over low heat in the oven or in a casserole.
After 45 minutes, cut the carrots and turnips into halves, sauté with the onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, together with the couscous spices and salt.
When they are golden, add the meat and take a ladle of cooking sauce to deglaze the pan, put this juice in the cooking pan.
The sauce should not be too thin and should just cover the vegetables and meat.
Cook over low heat for 1/2 hour. Add the potatoes cut in halves if necessary, and check the seasoning.
After 45 minutes, degrease the sauce and serve with chopped fresh parsley.